Thailand

Myanmar

Thailand

Winter 2004/05 - Thailand II

view from my bungalow

my bungalow - nice flowers ehh? - had a hard time to keep them drunks away in the night ;-)

the 1st night at the fire. lucky we got the 1st bungalow next to the fire and restaurant. so everything is close and when you go to bed it is never far :-)

The evening in pai was like that: usually you go out for food or you eat at family hut. many times i started the evening after the shower at 5.30. went to the supermarket to have a beer and watch the thais and farangs doing their shopping. also you meet a few regulars at the tables which is quite interesting. than it is ether back to the fire or to hic up for a good movie (lots of french, spanish, irish, english and italian movies) a salad and sometimes a sandwich. than it is time to go back to the fire and see what the evening brings.

if there is open mike at lucky blasco usually i went over - it is big fun and lots of good music. they close at 12.30 than you can go to beebob for more music or to the bamboo bar - this one is the only one that is open till 3 or 4 depends how much guests are left. or do it simple and go back to the fire - or do not go out at all and stay at the fire the whole night.

We had lots of guys with instruments and it was not the usual boring fire music - no good stuff!
we had many party's round the fire and many times till 3 or 4 and sometimes even longer.

smoke get's into my eyes...